Double Share (Book)
Double Share (Trader's Tale from the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper) is the fourth book in the Golden Age of the Solar Clipper series. The book was published in 2013 by Durandus. It is available from [Amazon.com]. It is available in paperback, Kindle and Audible versions.
- An inexperienced officer.
- A dysfunctional ship.
- Life in the Deep Dark just got a whole lot harder.
In his first assignment as an officer, Ishmael Horatio Wang finds himself fresh out of school, wet behind the ears, and way out of his depth. Aboard the William Tinker the senior officers are derelict and abusive, the crew demoralized and undisciplined, and change unwelcomed and dangerous. Can Ishmael use what he learned aboard the Lois McKendrick to help the crew find the ship's heart? Or will he discover that bucking the system may come at too high a price? Return to the Deep Dark with Ish in this fourth installment of the award winning Solar Clipper Series as he makes the transition from crew to officer.
"Fans of Nathan Lowell's Solar Clipper series are legion, and for just cause. Each book provides another chapter in the life of one of the most endearing characters to come along in recent memory. Nathan demonstrates that supurb story telling doesn't require massive space battles or warring aliens, just great characters and a knack for spinning a really compelling tale." --Michael J. Sullivan, author of the Riyria Revelations
Finalist 2009 Parsec Award for Best Speculative Fiction (Long Form)
Wiki Notes and Links
The novel starts Year_2358 May 22nd and ends November 26.
- List of characters in the book.
- List of ships in or mentioned in the book.
- List of places in or mentioned in the book.
- Bad Penny
- Geordan VanTassle - DS&T vessel.
- Nellie - Port Newmar Academy cruising yawl
- SC Christiana Ellis
- Jo Alice Long - docked at Diurnia Orbital in chapter 7
- SC Lois McKendrick
- Prodigal Son
- William Tinker - Ishmael's first ship as Third Mate
Types of Ships
- Damien-class - eight metric kiloton
- Damian Tractor -
- Manchester 180 metric kiloton tanker
- Unwin Barbell - 200 metric kiloton bulk hauler
- tugs - models not specified.
- Western Annex
- Newmar Orbital
- Port Newmar
- Diurnia Salvage and Transport
- Federated Freight
- Saltzman (assumed partial name of company)
- Coopers (assumed partial name of company)
- Western Annex (assumed partial name of company)
Diners, Restaurants and Stores
- Freddie's - a restaurant on Newmar Orbital
- The Miller Moth - bar on Diurnia Orbital
- Over Easy - restaurant on Diurnia Orbital
- Cackleberries_(Restaurant) - a diner on Breakall
- Jo-Ann's Kitchen - a diner on Neris
- The Corner - a pub on Breakall Orbital
- Scotty's - a restaurant on Ten Deck of Breakall Orbital
- Confederated Planets Joint Committee on Trade
- Confederation Customs
- Port Newmar Academy
- Hutchins Gym
Ratings, Ranks and Jobs
- grav trunk
- san - sanitary facilities
- ShipNet - standard designation for shipboard network
- Inertial Dampers
- Docking Clamps
- Auto-Doc Pod